Join the number 1 global insurance brand as a Commercial Underwriter and develop your career.
As a Commercial Underwriter, you will deliver on trading team targets through profitable underwriting of commercial risks within agreed authority levels whilst developing key broker relationships in line with business objectives.
You will deliver for our customers and be able to evidence strong working relationships with existing customers. You will be proactive and out-going, confident in dealing with our strategic partners, retaining and maximising business through the delivery of exceptional customer service.
You will also have gained CII qualifications or be working towards these and be able to demonstrate a track record of success in a similar position.
What you will be doing:
• Underwriting our products for SME customers
• Identifying the right clients, deciding the terms using all information available to determine a suitable premium from an accurately established technical price
• Developing credibility with brokers and customers, to help win and retain business
• Putting sustained effort into building influential relationships internally and externally, taking ownership and responding to broker demands in a timely manner and keeping them informed about relevant ongoing activity
• Building trading relationships with brokers, and supporting development of pipeline opportunities to maximise financial results
• Contributing to meetings with brokers and end customers to portray capabilities and securing clients
• Demonstrating contribution to loss ratio control by effectively implementing branch underwriting controls
• Monitoring the overall performance of the book you are responsible for and ensuring remedial action is taken to correct any performance issues
• Contributing to the development of peers by coaching and acting as a reference point to assist in decision making within empowerment
What you will need
• Preferably Cert CII qualified
• Strong trading capability – commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships
• To be a pragmatic and confident decision maker with good numerical reasoning skills
• Strong analytical skills with proven experience of account monitoring and action planning
• Strong level of technical underwriting expertise
• Sound knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements for insurance (including treating customers fairly)
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the commercial insurance market
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent risk assessment and risk management skills