Our client is looking for a Senior Schemes Underwriter to join their existing team to assist in the management of their rapidly growing delegated authority schemes business. The successful applicant will need to have a minimum of 5 year’s experience in an underwriting type role and have an awareness of all commercial classes of business.
The candidate will work closely with the team to:
- Review existing and new scheme business to ensure they continue to act within binder authority set by insurers (but also assist in working with insurers to write the right risks which fall outside of standard acceptance)
- Sign off referrals, check quotations and documentation
- Take an active role in their internal audit programme
- Provide guidance/training to staff – through daily queries and regular workshops/training sessions (Including providing assistance and guidance to the existing Assistant Schemes Underwriter)
- Be involved in the development of new and existing schemes including competitor analysis
- Assist with the existing relationship and acquisition of new key customers
What our client likes:
- A minimum 5 years Commercial Insurance Underwriting experience, from an Insurer, MGA or Insurance Broker.
- Experience in underwriting business on a delegated authority basis is ideal but not essential.
- Insurance Qualified
- Strong IT skills (Experience with OpenGI System is an advantage)
- Strong communication skills, confident to build relationships with brokers and clients
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Numerical aptitude, confident to apply rating and terms
- The ability to think outside the box and `trade’ in respect of the right risk