What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Provide a focal point for management and control of MGA business
- Provide positive, timely and commercially astute guidance and instruction to MGA partners.
- Underwrite referrals from MGAs within company strategy, appetite and authority limits
- Assist in the triage, evaluation and underwriting of new and existing MGA opportunities within underwriting and reinsurance criteria
- Manage an agreed portfolio of MGA accounts.
- Control the governance of existing MGA facilities and the implementation of new or amended MGA opportunities.
- Maintain & develop Capacity’s portfolio reporting metrics
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with MGA partners and internal stakeholders
What would we like to see in you?
- Property and liability underwriting knowledge and experience in the UK market
- Solid commercial acumen
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence results
- Solid organisational skills
- Graduate calibre with minimum Cert CII. Dip CII, or progress towards preferred (or equivalent)
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Excel