Claims Handler – Newcastle Upon Tyne – Salary £28,000 + Benefits
Settling claims as quickly and on the best terms possible by:
- Negotiation of those claims through to closure to obtain optimum settlement in accordance with individual KPIs, IASA requirements and statutory limits.
- Manages inbound and outbound telephone calls from policyholders and third party’s to assist in swift closure of claims and to reduce any unnecessary costs of the claim
- On receipt of a new Claim contact policyholders where necessary to obtain any further information to assist liability decision.
- Pro-active “capture” of claimants to provide hire / LOU / PI settlement where appropriate
- Handles own portfolio of claims using “chase”/diary system to ensure claims are closed at the earliest possible time and in cost effective way.
- Effective use of outside agents where appropriate to assist in obtaining optimum settlement of claim.
- Ensures that reserves and other recordable information on the claims system are accurate and up to date at all times in accordance with the IASA.
- Recognise complaints in line company procedures