- Analysing risk in insurance proposals, determining policy terms and calculating premiums on the basis of actuarial, statistical and background information.
- Identifying and writing profitable business in support of the Company’s achievement of its overall business objectives.
- Assessing standard and non-standard underwriting information.
- Offering appropriate quotations and acceptance of risks.
- Retention of existing broker base.
- Ensuring all underwriting is conducted within Authority limits.
- Reviewing referred claims.
- Responding to complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintaining regular contact with trading partners and acting professionally at all times.
- Ensuring that trading standards are being met.
- Liaising with Accounts Department to assist with collection of premiums.
- Monitoring and keeping up to date with technical and regulatory matters and act accordingly.