Key tasks are to:
- Proactively develop a robust pipeline of Mid-Market and Mid-Corporate qualified growth opportunities leveraging both client and broker relationships, ensuring pipeline is effectively managed and realised.
- Lead and fully embed the large case management process for new business.
- Develop and build collaborative broker relationships, sometimes client, across the Region, taking full ownership for the generation and placement of profitable commercial business from self-sourced.
- Underwrite profitable new business, in line with established underwriting controls and practices and act as a referral point in branch across New Business and, at times, renewals.
- Develop and maintain a quality distribution strategy and communication plan with key influential brokers to ensure financial KPIs achieved.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ Property and Casualty underwriting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on being part of a successful team
- Existing relationships with a number of brokers in the North East of England
- Advanced communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to work with a variety of systems and look for efficiencies in business processes