Core Responsibilities –
- Operates from the most appropriate location to meet business needs in line with Customer demand and Beyond 2020 strategy ie: Branch, Broker location.
- Acts as the technical expert within the team, responsible for underwriting profitable business whilst operating within agreed Empowerment and Authority levels.
- Builds and maintains strong and effective relationships with internal stakeholders including TC, CCU, Claims to support Branch trading and optimise profitability.
- Acts as a role model, coaching and mentoring to drive a dynamic and solution focused culture that celebrates success and learns quickly from mistakes, producing continued capability improvements that deliver against Business Goals.
- Drives own development to enhance individual and team performance.
- Aligned to a panel of Customers/Brokers to proactively develop the Commercial Lines business.
- Understands and acts on the demand into the team, proactively identifying ways to improve the system.
- Proactively understands the Customer and their needs and provides the right solution, putting the Customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Pulls on the right people to deliver best Customer outcome.
- Develops an expertise where necessary to meet Customer demand, including identifying and proposing changes to Policy Wordings and Underwriting Guidelines.
- Makes the right underwriting decisions , reflecting our strategy and the needs of our Customers/Brokers.
- Effectively promotes the company’s strategy, propositions and key differentiators to leverage Commercial opportunities.