To provide leadership and technical knowledge to the Underwriting Team, wider business and stakeholders. You will have end to end exposure to our insurance products and support the business in meeting its goals. You will help manage existing and new insurer relationships in order to develop existing and new schemes. Review existing and new scheme business to ensure that we continue to act within the binder authority set by insurers. Place open market business which falls outside the standard of scheme acceptance.
• Minimum of 5 years previous experience in the commercial insurance broking/underwriting industry from an Insurer, MGA or Insurance Broker.
• Experience in leading a team of Underwriters
• Experience in training junior colleagues
• Track record of personal development and growth in previous roles
• Experience in encouraging and building positive internal and external relationships
• High level of attention to detail to ensure accurate documentation is maintained
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills